A Compassion Space to Heal, Grow & Celebrate the Joy of Existence

Dedicated to Our Founder Sri Raj Bhowmik

'The World is yet to know about You. We take Your Message and Your Essence through this platform.'

To Know more about Sri Raj Bhowmik
Read More

Thursday 23 February 2012

The road side motor Garage - the Soul stop for old cars in need of repair & makeovers..

This place is off  Bangalore's most busiest of roads which I must have traversed thousand of times over past 5 years or so, but I failed to notice it ever before . Till one day when I  was driving past the Whitefield road , looking for some small motor garage, to fix the rear view mirror of my car , I just SAW  it and it looked as if it appeared out of the blue just for me &  my car. I stopped a few meters away from it on the road and was drawn into the shaded garage as if this was THE place which my car needed . 
 
 


As I entered I saw a young mechanic in his maroon overalls  bending over an old car's bonnet and looked up instantly even before I approached him for help. He had the most friendly smile which is generally not adorned by very professional motor mechanics  these days..It resembled the smile of Sharma Ji , my father's scooter mechanic in Durgapur . ( who  I always felt ,was more of a consultant on scooters than a mechanic )

The place had the same aura as his smile . It was spaced out so well...Coconut trees formed a canopy above and the trunks marked the parking stations. The boys working , were relaxed , friendly and swift. There was a small settee which they had prepared out of an old broken down bus seat and they all laughed when I asked them apprehensively whether it would be safe to sit on it ! That laughter was so free ..so sure..so warm..it assured me of many things . And as I sat on the seat while they brought my car (which I had left on the road side ) to the garage and started to fix the problem, I looked around at leisure. 

There were rows of tall, shady, fully laden coconut trees sprawled in the back ground of the garage. Cool, light wind made whistling sounds as it blew past the trees and brought along  a smell of a  rural and earthy feeling of deep solace. It carried the message of peaceful calm, amongst the loud blaring noises of cars & their non stop honking on the road. As I looked across the coconut field time stopped, the chaos stopped, the noise stopped & so did the chatter..Just behind the garage there was a small cluster of houses with thatched roof and from it emerged a  young toddler playing gleefully whose hands held a few leaves and the dress showed traces of mud and water. Soft comforting voice of a mother who was most probably both cooking and keeping an eye on the child, was emanating from the inside of the house. The child looked pretty comfortable and relaxed in its CORPORitual environment..it was so calming and beautiful to see the child play amidst such secure &  natural environment. The garage which serviced old cars in the foreground served the CORPORATE part of the child's logical growth and the nature which was  the playground & the school of learning too, served the Spiritual space for the child's creative growth . It looked the balanced CORPORitual environment required for every child everywhere. The warm, friendly & efficient Car mechanic as his father and the soft & soothing Mother who was cooking happily inside gave me deep sense of peace and I left very relaxed & happy with a repaired rear view mirror of my car..

I thanked them a couple of times and made up my mind to recommend that motor garage to all and sundry ..or at least to people who I think need a few moments of soul relaxation both for their cars and themselves too . I am sure it will be  a unique getaway into a world of pure peace and refreshment.... the CORPORitual way !

No comments:

Post a Comment